Monday, October 29, 2007

EAST or WEST... Marin is best!

I'm Back!
We just got back from sailing on the Chesapeake. The weather was unusally warm and we both know we were at the perfect time. We thought, as we looked at the charming homes on the water and the beautiful boats on the Bay, how different this would be in the winter. Boats most likely would be hauled out of the water, all those houses had shutters by design (it gets cold!)
I also remembered another trip where I took 5 showers in a day.
I inquired about the home prices in St. Michaels and Annapolis (as the Presidential helicopter flew overhead). I was surprised that prices on the water with a dock.... are appropriately high everywhere.
The boat we rented had air conditioning. Wouldn't have thought of that on a sailboat, but, then again thinking about the summers in the east, I guess there are times when you wouldn't want to do without.

Hey, there's no place like home. Our crabs are better, our weather is better... now if I could just move that nice 6,000 sq ft home on the water with 5 acres, with the Adirondack chairs here... ahhhhh.... That would be perfect!

No comments: